The C by GE Smart Bulbs line is the company’s newest product offering. Bluetooth, not Wi-Fi or Zigbee, is used to power the bulbs. They are the first smart home device to be labeled “Made for Google.” This means that they can use a Google Home smart speaker as their “hub.”
Anyway, in this article, we talk about 4 ways to Fix C by Ge Not Connecting to Google Home?
Recently, we’ve noticed that there are more than a few of you who have trouble with connecting your bulbs to your Google Home app. In general, these kinds of problems are simple to solve once you are the know-how. As a result, we decided to investigate the issue and come up with a few solutions that you can do from the comfort of your own home. Let’s get this party started, shall we?
How to fix C By Ge smart bulbs not connecting to Google Home
There is a step-by-step set of rules for the more difficult ones. We won’t unscrew anything or risk damaging any of your belongings; simply follow the instructions below.
1. Power Cycle the Device
- Quite often, a simple power cycle will solve any technical issues. It refreshes the device, improving performance and removing bugs along the way.
- So, before we get into anything too serious, we’re going to turn everything off for a while. Then, after a minute or so, simply turn everything back on.
- With any luck, that will be the end of the problem for the majority of you. If not, it’s likely that there’s a problem with the Google app.
2. Try Updating the Google App
- Outdated versions can occasionally cause a slew of performance issues. Different bugs and glitches are more likely to appear as the app version becomes older.
- It’s possible that the app will eventually stop working entirely. Apps, in general, update themselves quietly in the background so you don’t have to think about it.
- This isn’t always the case, though. It’s possible that you turned off the auto-updates on purpose.
- The first thing we need to do in this case is manually checked for Google Home app updates. Install it right away if there is one, and then try connecting your bulbs again.
- The next step will be to clear the data from the app if there are no outstanding updates. To do so, go to your phone’s “settings” menu and select “settings.”
- After that, go to “app options” and scroll down until you find the Google Home app. You’ll be able to click into “storage options” from here and, then you need to select “clear all data.”
- That’s all there is to it. After that, make sure to restart your phone and try connecting the bulb again.
3. Check That Your Device Is Getting Enough Signal
- These kinds of issues can every once in a while be caused by the simplest of factors. We most often underestimate how far our smart devices can communicate.
- The simple fact is that if your C by Ge and the device you’re using Google Home on are separated by a large distance, they may be unable to communicate.
- This will result in a sporadic signal and a variety of odd performance issues. To rule out this possibility, we recommend moving the two as close together as possible and then testing to see if you can connect them.
- That’s superb if it works. If that’s not the case, we’ll have to move on to our final fix.
4. Reset the C by Ge
- We can now narrow it down and say that the issue is almost certainly caused by the bulb.
- So, the best thing to do to diagnose it is to reset it. To do this, you’ll need to be familiar with a peculiar technique. The bulb must be turned on for a total of 8 seconds. After that, turn it off for 2 seconds.
- Unfortunately, you’ll have to repeat this step 5 or more times before the device resets itself. We understand how difficult it is. When the bulb begins to flash, you’ll know it’s finished.
- The final step is to try connecting it to your Google Home app once more. That should hopefully be enough to get you back up and running.
- It’s worth noting that many of these devices do seem to require a few resets per year to keep active.
- If you’re one of the unlucky few who have made it this far without seeing any changes, your only option is to contact C by Ge customer service.
- Make sure to tell them about all of the different fixes you’ve tried while you’re talking to them. With any luck, you’ll be able to save some time as a result of this.