The Wyze Smart Bulb is a tunable-white (no color) LED bulb with a color temperature range of 2700K to 6500K. The bulb is rated at 800 lumens of brightness, draws 9.5 watts of power, and uses WiFi to connect to your home network. The only other significant feature is scheduling, which lets you schedule the lights on and off on a recurring schedule. Wyze smart bulbs works with Alexa and Google Assistant so that you can control the bulb via voice. You can also use Alexa to dim/brighten and change the color temperature of the bulb.
Does the WYZE bulb change color?
Yes, Definitely. Your voice is currently your light switch. Command your lights along with your voice by asking Alexa or Google Assistant to show them on/off, change brightness, or modification color.
Its lighting class, which began with the CNET Editors’ selection victory Wyze Bulb, currently conjointly includes the Wyze Bulb Color, the Wyze Night lightweight, and therefore the Wyze lamp. Each area unit is Wi-Fi-enabled, dimmable, white lightweight color, temperature, adjustable LEDs accessible via the Wyze app or with voice commands on Associate in Nursing Alexa or Google Assistant sensible speaker or show.
Once the sunshine is connected within the app, you’ll build changes whenever you do not flip it on or off, dim it, modification the color temperature, or set it to a selected color on the color wheel (see screenshot below). This lightweight conjointly works with voice commands, thus connecting the bulb to the Associate in Nursing Echo Dot via the Alexa app (search for the Wyze smart bulbs ability and follow the steps to link the two devices).
How do I change the color of my WYZE bulb?
You are dynamical the settings for your Wyze smart bulbs colorize the Wyze app. However, they do not appear to avoid wasting and applying. For example, you modify the bulb’s Name. However, it does not save once you back out.
Here are units of the steps you’ll be able to follow:
- First, check your Wyze Bulb Color code version.
- The Wyze app, faucet on your Wyze Bulb Color, then the Settings > Device information > code Version.
- If you can, update your code.
- Set up your Wyze smart Bulbs Color once more.
- Before playing this step, send out the associate app log and note the app log ID.
- Within the Wyze app, faucet on your Wyze Bulb Color
- Faucet, the settings icon,> Wyze Support > Submit a log
- Select property problems
- Fill out the main points and submit your app log. Write down the generated app log ID simply just in case you have got to send it in to support.
- In the app, faucet Wyze Bulb Color, then Settings > take away Device.
- Come back to the house screen and faucet the + sign > Add Device > Power & Lighting > Wyze Bulb Color.
- Follow the steps to line up your Wyze Bulb Color, and then look at your bulb settings.
Can I group WYZE Smart Bulbs?
Yes! A bit like together with your Wyze Cam and Wyze Sense, you’ll produce teams to classify your Wyze Bulbs higher.
With Grouping, you’ll management multiple Wyze Bulbs at an equivalent time or organize your Wyze Bulbs for Scenes and Shortcuts. Follow these steps to Group:
- The Wyze app, faucet the + sign on the highest left, then Add the Device cluster.
- Faucet Bulb cluster.
(Note: Wyze Bulbs will solely be classified with alternative Wyze Bulbs, no Wyze Bulb Color bulbs.)
- Within the prime field, Enter a bunch name, then faucet Done on the keyboard.
- Choose the bulbs you wish to incorporate within the cluster.
- Faucet did on the highest right.
- Grouped devices won’t show on the house screen, however, among the cluster itself.
- To read the bulbs in an exceeding cluster, the faucet on the Group’s Name on the house screen.
- A bulb will solely be intercalary to 1 cluster at a time.
- While a bulb is in an exceeding cluster, you’ll modify the individual bulb’s settings by sound on its specific bulb within the group.
How long do WYZE light bulbs last?
The design of the Wyze Color Bulb doesn’t’ deviate from the rest I’ve’ encountered. It’s’ principally plastic, which is sweet as a result of, not like old incandescent and CFL (Compact Fluorescent) bulbs that use glass, the plastic won’t’ break as simply within the event the bulb gets hit. Expectancy is 25000 hours. However, there’s a 1-year limited warranty that covers defects.
Are WYZE smart bulbs suitable for plants?
Many ”off the shelf” good bulbs aren’t ideal for plant growth. However, some good bulbs – and different kinds of crystal rectifier bulbs – may be used with success for this purpose. But, since good bulbs will emit red lightweight, are you able to use them for your plants?
You’ll’ typically feel lights, however blue lightweight also can be effectively accustomed grow indoor plants:
- Red lights – i.e., lights that principally emit red wavelengths – help plants manage what percentage leaves to supply and how massive the leaves ought to be. In this sense, red lightweight is vital for the foliage and mature stages.
- Blue lights – that emit principally blue wavelengths – add the same thanks to however they affect humans: they assist regulate the ”day-night cycle, prompting plants to flower at the proper time.
Each lightweight isn’t’ reciprocally; however, a red and blue lightweight mix will typically be best. a brief analysis article on Harvard’s weblog found that a combination of red and blue lightweight helped strawberries possess different nutrients and tastes, at the side of ripening quicker or slower (depending on what quantity red vs. blue lightweight was used).
If you’re’ speculative, the opposite primary color – inexperienced – doesn’t have any discernible impact on plant growth. It’s principally red and inexperienced lightweight that helps them grow the simplest.
This is attention-grabbing as a result of you’ll’ naturally tend to envision cacti in countries with ample sun (and thence longer days, on average), and numerous ”shorter day” plants in countries heading towards the pole (which have shorter days, on average).
In summary, indoor lighting is employed to assist stimulate the sort of sunshine that typically comes through your windows or streams into your garden on a sunny day. But as a result, not each plant may be placed by the window, and typically the weather is terrible, keen plant growers instead place confidence in indoor light-weighting to assist regulate their plant growth and supply consistent daily light.
Do WYZE bulbs need a hub?
WYZE smart bulbs connect with your network via WiFi. Therefore it doesn’t’ would like a wise home hub to figure out.
Setting up the Wyze Bulb follows a well-known path. You put in the Wyze app, screw the bulb into a socket, and power it on and off three times to place it into pairing mode, so connect with its temporary WiFi network. From there, you bridge the Wyze Bulb to your home WiFi network, and you’re’ on your manner.
Why do my WYZE bulbs keep going offline?
Your Wyze Bulb disconnects from the net and Wyze app and isn’t aware of voice commands or changes to your settings. Instead, you see AN offline icon within the Wyze app.
Here are some steps you will be able to follow:
- Check that the bulb is obstructed in and turned on at the sunshine socket or physical switch.
- The bulb needs a continuous power supply to remain connected
- If connected to a rheostat switch, confirm the rheostat switch is ready to most to ensure the bulb obtains the ability it desires.
- If steam-powered on, please power-cycle the bulb.
- Turn the ability off and so back on from the physical switch.
- If you are still not seeing the bulb online once power-cycling, strive for a factory reset to re-add the bulb to your account.
- Before acting this step, send AN app log and note of the app log ID.
- In the Wyze app, faucet on your Wyze Bulb.
- Then, Tap the settings icon > Wyze Support > Submit a log
- Choose property problems
How do I get my WYZE lights back online?
If the Wyze Bulb goes offline, their area unit many stuff you will do to do to reconnect it. Wyze advises that you simply 1st check to form buoyant the bulb is screwed in correctly, and your lightweight fixture is blocked in. If this doesn’t’ facilitate, strive to power-cycling the bulb by turning the sunshine start and off. If the Wyze Bulb doesn’t’ come online at this time, desire a works resetting your Wyze Bulb Color is accustomed take away the current settings from your bulb. this may be used once you’ve got modified your WiFi settings or once you have been compelled to begin recently.
- To work, reset your Wyze Bulb Color.
- Turn on/off the sunshine switch related to the bulb three times.
- Wait for your smart Wyze Bulb Color to start pulsing slowly.
- Once the bulb starts pulsing, you’ll either set it up once more or flip the sunshine off to preserve the works state.
Do WYZE bulbs work with smart life?
Although it is not currently integrated with the Smart Life app, you can use the sensors to activate IoT objects using IFTTT.
How does WYZE vacation mode work?
Are you going out of town? Vacation Mode for Wyze Bulb makes it’s such as you are home after you are away by turning your bulbs on and off willy-nilly.
To turn on Vacation Mode:
- In the Wyze app, faucet on your Wyze Bulb.
- Next, tap on the Settings gear on the highest right.
- Next to Vacation Mode, faucet the toggle on.
- Vacation Mode turns your bulbs on and off haphazardly intervals between 6 AM-9 AM, and 6 PM-11 PM time, once you are presumably to use your lights.
- Each bulb with Vacation Mode enabled can activate for between five minutes to a full hour.
- Each bulb with Vacation Mode turned on can activate a minimum of once per hour.
- Vacation mode is turned on/off per bulb.
How do I remove a WYZE bulb?
You are ever-changing the settings for your Wyze Bulb within the Wyze app. However, they do not appear to save lots of and apply. For example, youNameify the bulb’s Name. However, it does not keep after you back out.
Here are some tips for your help:
- First, check your Wyze Bulb microcode version.
- The Wyze app, faucet on your Wyze Bulb, then the Settings > Device information > microcode Version.
- If you can, update your microcode.
- Set up your Wyze Bulb once more.
- Before activity this step, send out the associate app log and observe the app log ID.
- In the Wyze app, faucet on your Wyze Bulb.
- Tap the settings icon > Wyze Support > Submit a log
- Choose Connectivity Issues.
- Fill out the main points and submit your app log. Write down the generated app log ID simply if you’ve got to send it in to support.
- In the app, faucet Wyze Bulb, then Settings > take away Device.
- Return to the house screen, and faucet the + sign > Add Device > Power & Lighting > Wyze Bulb.
- Follow the steps to line up your Wyze Bulb, then check your bulb settings.
Are WYZE bulbs worth it?
If you’ve’ been considering good lights for your home, we predict the Wyze Bulb is worthwhile. The competitive worth suggests that you’ll get many to put around your home. Plus, options like voice management, Vacation Mode, and automation additionally offer excellent convenience and residential security advantages.