With the advancement of technology, people are tempted to adapt and modify existing devices to suit their needs. An intelligent camera is one such advanced technology device. In recent years, smart cameras have been installed in homes and businesses, and stores ranging from small to large. In addition to capturing the photos and videos you want with an intelligent camera, the camera also can store information on photos taken with its unique Artificial Intelligent technology. That is why many companies use this camera for security in their homes and businesses.
Where should I install the camera?
Your camera should be easy to use and easy to install. Once you have purchased the camera you want, the next step is to install it as you wish. It is easier to install if you buy a wireless camera system than a wired camera system. Here are some common ways to install a wireless camera system.
- First, you need to mark the locations where you want to install the camera. ∙ Then measure the distances on the plug or switch for wiring.
- Double-check the spots to avoid wiring using a wire detector.
- Mark for wiring where needed.
- It would help if you were connected to a wireless camera network before installation.
- Install a surveillance device. This will save you time.
What is the camera’s field of view?
Field of View (FOV) describes the maximum area of a sample that a camera can capture. It means the width and height (in angles) of the site viewed through the lens.
At what height should I mount the camera for optimal facial recognition?
To get better, quality, and effective facial recognition and video with an intelligent camera, you need to set up your smart camera in a place where you can get a good image capture. In addition to the quality of the camera, to get a good result, you need to pay attention to external factors such as lighting conditions and angle when installing the camera.
In addition, as a rule, a camera is usually 1.5 – 1.8m high near the display or built in the display one pointed at faces.
Do I need an Internet connection to use intelligent cameras?
No, you don’t have to. Intelligent cameras can be activated automatically without an internet connection. They can operate without electricity. Many people do not like to connect to the camera system via the Internet, which can put their system at risk.
An intelligent camera system only needs an internet connection to control the scenes remotely. While this has additional advantages, it is not essential.
How do I connect an intelligent camera to my Wi-Fi network?
The first thing you need to do is read the camera catalog. Then, you need to read it and connect your camera to Wi-Fi as it says. Here’s how to connect a camera to Wi-Fi.
- First, press the Home or Menu button on your camera. Then open Settings and select Settings or Wi-Fi Options.
- You can then automatically connect to the Wi-Fi network around your camera. If not, you can select your Wi-Fi router name from the list of available Wi-Fi networks, enter the password and connect. Turn on Wi-Fi on your phone, laptop, or computer. Then select your camera network and confirm that you want to access it from your device. Then enter the code or network password that appears on your camera and gain access.
Now you need to connect your camera and your smart device via your Wi-Fi network.
Is there a way to extend my router’s Wi-Fi range while I’m installing an intelligent camera?
Moving your router – Check if your router is located in the center of the camera system. Otherwise, re-establish it as centralized.
Replacing / Buy your Router – If your router is a few years old, it is imperative to replace it with a new one. It can be an effective and reliable option for you.
Buy a new Mesh Wi-Fi Kit – It improves your Wi-Fi range and performance
What kind of Internet speed is required for intelligent cameras?
The Smart Camera system you connect to your organization/home or business must have an upload speed of at least 2Mbps. For example, if you have ten cameras installed, you need to have a rate of 20Mbps to watch videos.