LIFX Smart Light
The biggest issue with smart home devices is that each one has its own app. LIFX Smart Light isn’t as well-known as Philips Hue, but it’s one of, if not the best, smart lighting options. In contrast to Hue, you don’t need a hub and can connect directly to Wi-Fi.
So, in this article, you can find out what the most common issues with LIFX Smart Light are and how to troubleshoot them.
4 Common LIFX Light issues Troubleshooting
1. LIFX Light Gets Disconnected
One of the most common problems with LIFX Smart Lights is that they lose connection to the app. There are a few things you can do to try to fix this problem, depending on the number of lights you have installed in your home.
- If you have multiple LIFX lights installed in your home but only one of them isn’t working and you can’t get it to connect to your phone, the issue is most likely a dimmer switch installed in your power outlet.
- This can easily lead to the failure of your LIFX lights. If this is the case, turning off the power outlet will solve your problem.
- If all of your LIFX lights are malfunctioning, the problem is most likely with your router.
- Because smart home products cannot operate over a 5GHz connection, you’ll need to check your Wi-Fi settings and change the frequency to 2.4GHz.
- If the problems continue after you’ve tried these steps, try changing the Wi-Fi channel from auto to 11.6 or 1.
2. LIFX Lights are Unresponsive
The Airtime Fairness or Wi-Fi Multi-Media features in your router are probably the reason your Smart LIFX light show as unresponsive in your mobile application. So, If you can not find these options on your router it might be because your router doesn’t have them.
3. LIFX Smart Light Not Appearing In Network List
- You’ve connected the bulb to your network, but the LIFX network isn’t showing up in the list of available networks? Don’t worry; this is a very common problem that can be solved with minimal effort.
- To begin, double-check that your LIFX light is not in rescue mode. The bulbs do not broadcast when in rescue mode.
- This is why they are missing from your network list. It’s very simple to see if this is the case. The lights will flash bright or dim white if they are in rescue mode.
- Simply recalibrating your LIFX bulb is the best solution. You only need to turn it off and on 5 times in a row to accomplish this. Yes, it’s that straightforward.
- After that, wait about thirty seconds before going into your Wi-Fi settings. You should see a LIFX network there that you can connect to.
- After you’ve successfully connected to it, the lights should start working again.
4. LIFX Lights Not Turning On
If your LIFX lights aren’t turning on, there isn’t much you can do about it. They’re probably broken or faulty, and this is why they won’t turn on. You have the right to demand a replacement order if you have received a defective product.
Why is my LIFX light not working?
If there is no power button, you may be able to unplug the device from the mains, wait 30 seconds, and then plug it back in.
Alternatively, turn off the lamp that provides power to the light via the switch, wait 5 seconds, and then turn it back on. If that does not work, then, try a hardware reset.
Why does my LIFX bulb keep disconnecting?
Turn your LIFX light bulb off and on. If the bulb does not appear after about 60 seconds, power cycle your router, then the bulb, and wait another minute or so. If this problem persists, please contact the support walkthrough.
Does LIFX work on 5 GHz?
LIFX bulbs, like many other devices, connect to the 2.4GHz band of Wi-Fi rather than the 5 GHz band. If your router shows you have more than one available network, it’s possible you’re connected to 5 GHz and need to try your other network.
How do I claim LIFX lights?
If the light is in the “Your Wi-Fi asGuest” section, go ahead and select it by tapping on its name and choosing “claim.” If the claim option does not work, please try again. If you’re setting up a LIFX Original bulb for the first time, the name might be LIFX Bulb.
LIFX Light Not Appearing In Network List
If the light does not appear, turn it off for 3 seconds and then on again. Wait 30 seconds before continuing. Turn your device’s Wi-Fi off and then back on.
Why won’t my LIFX turn on?
If the light does not appear, try resetting it. Turn off the light for 5 seconds after the bulb has settled on White, and then turn it back on. Wait 30 seconds before continuing.