Are you considering selling your Ring Smart Doorbell, or have you already bought one and want to make sure you can properly transfer ownership? The answers can be found below.
How do you reset the ring doorbell for a new owner?
The steps of resetting the Ring Doorbell are as follows:
- Remove the backplate from your Ring Doorbell.
- Look for the orange button on the device’s back.
- Press and hold the orange button for between 15 and 20 seconds.
- Release the button and watch as the light on the device’s front flashes a couple of times. This indicates that it’s resetting.
- Wait for at least approximately 5 minutes for the reset to complete successfully.
You can factory reset the Ring Smart Doorbell if the original owner has difficulty transferring it to a new user or if you want to enhance your safety even more. If you do this, you’ll need to reinstall the Ring app and set it up again using the on-screen instructions.
How to reset the ring doorbell without the app?
Ring Smart Doorbell: How to Hard Reset
- Firstly, Locate the orange button located physically on the back of the doorbell.
- Hold & Press the orange button for more than 15 seconds.
- And, Release the button after 15 seconds.
- Then, Let the device complete the reset for about 5 minutes, and the hard reset should be completed.
How to Transfer Ring Smart Video Doorbell to a New Owner?
If you’re the buyer, follow the steps given to securely transfer the Ring Smart Doorbell to yourself:
1. Ask the Original Owner to Remove their Billing Information
Since you can’t remove the information via the Ring app, you’ll have to contact the owner. They can only use a desktop or mobile device to visit the Ring website. If it isn’t possible, contact Ring Support for assistance.
If you are the original owner and want to remove your payment information, follow these steps:
- First, open your browser on your desktop. You should choose Desktop Site in settings if you are on a mobile device.
- Now, Visit the Ring site.
- Go to the top-right corner and select login. Use your current login details.
- After logging in, select your name in the top-right corner.
- After, Select Account.
- Go to the credit card on the file option.
- Finally, Select the “X” on the card’s top, near the gear icon.
As the seller, you should now ask Ring to cancel the plan and refund you. Otherwise, they may continue charging you for the service.
2. Download and Install the App
After downloading and installing the app, follow the on-screen instructions to set up a new account. Please remember that if you are the new owner, you must do so. After that, you can remove the device from the Ring device.
3. Remove Account from the Device
If you are the seller or the original user of the Ring Doorbell, you can transfer it to the new user by following these steps:
- Open your Ring app. If you deleted the app, download it again and log into your account with your Ring login details.
- Go to the top left and tap the three lines.
- Select your device.
- Tap Device Settings.
- Tap General Settings.
- Select Remove this Device.
For the device to be available for the new user, the original owner should repeat the above steps for all their connected devices.
Now you are done, but you can do a few more things for a better experience.
4. Remove Users with Shared Access
You can remove all users with shared access as a precaution. Here’s how you can do this:
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to Users.
- Select Shared User Profile.
- Hit Remove User.
5. Delete the Ring Account
The original owner can also delete the Ring account. To successfully remove it, follow these steps:
- Go to the Ring website via your browser.
- Navigate to the top right corner and then sign in to your account.
- Type ring.com/account/datarequests into your browser to go to the Data Requests page.
- Read the disclaimers.
- Click on Delete my Personal Information.
Can you reuse someone’s ring doorbell?
Yes, you can. The original owner should remove their plan by removing their payment information from their account and contacting Ring Support. After that, the new owner should download the Ring app and complete the device’s setup. The doorbell will disappear from the original owner’s Ring app once this is done.
Can you have 2 owners on the Ring the doorbell?
Yes, a Ring Smart Doorbell can be connected to many phones. You can connect to multiple phones by providing other people access to a single account or having many users log into a single account from different phones.
How to Remove someone from my ring account?
To Delete a User, do the following:
- In the Ring app, open the menu.
- Make sure you’re on the right Location, then tap Settings.
- Tap Users.
- Then, Tap the User that you would like to delete.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap “Remove User.”
- Tap “Remove.”
How do shared users access Ring?
You can add a Shared User if you want to add someone else to your account. Shared Users must have their own Ring account (by downloading the Ring App) and log in with their own email and password. If the Account Owner has more than one Ring device, he or she must invite a Shared User to each one separately. The mobile device that was used to set up the Ring doorbell or security camera decides who has access to the account.
What Can an Account Owner Do?
The account owner has complete control over the Ring device’s settings. If you want to control your Ring devices from different electronic devices (tablet, phone, etc. ), download the Ring App to the additional devices and log in with the same username and password you use to access the Ring App.
How to Add a Shared User
A Shared User can be added only by an Account Owner. The mobile device on which the device was initially set up determines who is the sole Account Owner.
In the Ring App:
- First, Tap the 3 lines at the top left.
- Tap Devices.
- Tap on the device that you want to add a Shared User for.
- Tap Shared User(you might have to scroll to see it).
- Then, Enter the email of the person you want to add as a Shared User.
- Tap Add User.
- Tap Send Invite.
How the Shared User Gets the Invite
A link in the email invites the Shared User to accept the invitation. After the Shared User accepts the invitation, it may take up to 60 seconds for shared devices to show in the app. It may take up to 15 minutes for the Ring Alarm system Shared User invitations to display in their Ring App. You are free to add as many Shared Users as you want.
The account owner and Shared Users can view recorded videos and video history with a Ring Protect subscription or trial. Your video history is available via the Ring App or ring.com. In the United States, ring videos are stored in the cloud for up to 60 days (30 days outside the U.S.).
What Shared Users Can and Can’t Do
A Shared User is someone who has permission to view a Ring device’s live video feed, view video recordings, and get notifications or alerts. You can give Shared Access permissions to one or more of your Ring account’s devices. At any time, you can grant or revoke Shared User access.
What a Shared User Can Do
- Receive and Answer alerts when someone presses the doorbell or triggers motion sensors on cameras.
- If you have a Ring Protect Plan, you can access your saved videos.
- Turn alerts on and off for their own account on a tablet, smartphone, or PC.
- Save and share videos directly to their smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer.
- Use smart locks and/or arm or disarm the Ring Alarm system.
What a Shared User Can’t Do
For security reasons, Shared Users can’t do any of the following thing:
- Subscribe to a Ring Protect Plan for a device when another person is the account owner.
- Delete stored videos or shared videos.
- Remove devices from your account.
- Change or adjust any device settings.
- Add other Shared Users.