The Vivint Smart Thermostat offers a convenient as well as energy-efficient way to control the temperature in your home. However, if you face any problems during the setup or operation of the thermostat, the following troubleshooting steps can help you resolve them.
Pairing the Thermostat to the Panel/Hub:
- Launch the Site Manager software and unlock the Installer Toolbox.
- On the panel/hub home screen, tap the menu icon (marked by three dots) and select “Software Version.”
- Note the 4-digit code displayed in Site Manager after unlocking the Installer Toolbox.
- Access “Smart Home Devices” and choose “Z-Wave.”
- Select “Add Node.”
- To initiate the action, press and maintain pressure on the side button of the Vivint Smart Thermostat for about 6-10 seconds.
- Navigate to “Installer” > “Network” > “Connect” on the thermostat.
- The thermostat will try to connect to the panel.
- If the connection fails, an “x” symbol with “Failed” will appear. If successful, a checkmark with “Next” will be displayed.
- Confirm the connection on the panel/hub, and name the thermostat.
Selecting HVAC & Heat Types:
- To initiate the action, press and maintain pressure on the side button of the Vivint Smart Thermostat for 3 seconds to access the Settings menu.
- Navigate to “Installer” > “Equipment” > “Heating.”
- Use the side button to select the appropriate heating type (Forced Air, Heat Pump, Hydronic, or Radiator).
- By pressing the side button, choose the heating fuel (Natural Gas, Propane, Fuel Oil, or Geothermal and Electric).
- Select the heating stage type (1, 2, 1 + Auxiliary, or 2 + Auxiliary) using the side button. Note: Auxiliary stages are only available for Heat Pump systems.
- If there is an O or B wire, it indicates a heat pump system, while its absence suggests a standard/conventional system.
Testing the Vivint Smart Thermostat:
- To ensure proper setup, you can test the HVAC system using the test feature through Element > Settings > User > Test > Heat/Cool mode or manually setting it to heat or cool.
- Wait 4 minutes in Off mode before checking Cool for heat pump systems.
- Do not operate the AC if the outside temperature is below 65°F.
To Check Heat in Vivint SmartHome ELEMENT THERMOSTAT:
- Access the Settings menu by pressing and holding the side button for 3 seconds.
- Navigate to “Installer” > “Testing” > “Heating.”
- Select “START” to begin the heating test.
- The thermostat screen will display test duration, active wires, and temperature change information.
- A successful heating test will show a temperature rise and the correct active wires. Check the thermostat installation and repeat the heating test if the temperature drops or incorrect wires are indicated.
To Check Cool:
- To initiate the action, press and maintain pressure on the side button of the Vivint Smart Thermostat and open the Settings menu.
- Navigate to “Installer” > “Testing” > “Cooling.”
- Select “START” to begin the cooling test.
- The thermostat screen will display information similar to the heating test, including test duration, active wires, and temperature change.
- A successful cooling test will show a temperature drop and the correct active wires. Check the thermostat installation and repeat the cooling test if the temperature rises or incorrect wires are indicated.
How to Factory Reset Vivint SmartHome ELEMENT THERMOSTAT:
- To perform a factory reset,
- Press and hold the side button for 3 seconds from the Home screen.
- Navigate to “Installer”
In conclusion, the Vivint SmartHome ELEMENT THERMOSTAT manual is a valuable resource for users seeking to understand and maximize the features of their smart thermostat. By referring to the manual, users can effectively navigate the thermostat’s settings, programming options, and energy-saving capabilities. With the help of this comprehensive guide, homeowners can take full advantage of the Vivint SmartHome ELEMENT THERMOSTAT, enjoying increased comfort, energy efficiency, and control over their home’s heating and cooling systems.
” width=”20″ height=”20″>