What is Google Smart Lock on my Spotify?
Without having to remember passwords or security codes, Google Smart Lock allows you to get right to work/play. Compatible with Chromebooks, Android devices, the Chrome browser, and a few other programs.
How do I get rid of my Google Smart Lock on Spotify?
By going to the Applications menu, selecting the Settings option, and then tapping on the Applications or Application Manager button on an Android device, the Smart Lock app can be uninstalled. Locate and select the Smart Lock app from there, then tap the Uninstall button.
How do I turn off my Google Smart Lock on Spotify?
1. Remove Google Smart Lock and remove your Spotify password.
- Visit the Google Smart Lock page.
- Enter Spotify in the search field and click on Spotify from the list of results.
- Click the Delete button.
- Now open Spotify again and enter in your password.
2. Turn Off Smart Lock and change your Spotify account password.
- Go to the Smart Lock page on Google.
- Then, In the top-right corner, click the cogwheel icon.
- Now disable the Auto sign-in feature.
- After doing that, log in to your Spotify account in your browser.
- Go to your Account section and change the password.
- In Google Smart Lock, enable Auto sign-in after changing the password.
So, Several users reported that this method worked for them, so be sure to try it out.
3. Change your location
- Firstly, Log in to your Spotify account in a web browser.
- Click the Edit Profile button.
- Now, scroll down to the Country section and change it so it matches your current country, and, Click on Save profile.
Note: Keep in mind that this applies only if you’re using a free Spotify account. With a free Spotify account, you can use the service for 14 days in a different country.
4. Check your email
- Check your email for any Spotify security messages/alerts.
- And then, If you got a message asking you to reset your password, be sure to open it and follow the instructions.
Unrecognized attempts to access your account may occur, resulting in your account being temporarily locked, Therefore, it is advised that you check your emails and reset your password.
Although Google Smart Lock is a solid password manager, users reported issues with it and Spotify.
Remove Spotify from Google Smart Lock or temporarily disable Smart Lock and change your Spotify password to resolve these issues.
How to Connect Your Spotify Account to Google Nest Mini
Spotify is a popular app that many Google Nest Mini people utilize. Set up your Spotify account with the Nest Mini by following the steps below:
- On your tablet or smartphone, open the Google Home app.
- In the top right corner, tap Account.
- Then, Make sure the account listed in your Google account is the one you have linked to Spotify. If not, tap Add Another Account.
- On the top left, tap the plus (+) sign.
- Next, Tap Music and Audio.
- Now, Select Spotify.
- Tap Link Account.
- Log into Spotify.
It will ask you to create a Spotify account if you don’t already have one; it may also ask you to start the linking process from the beginning. It is recommended, however, that you create a Spotify account before connecting it to the Google Nest Mini.
The connection process will not work unless your smart device and your Google Nest Mini are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
How Do I Use Google my Nest Mini with Spotify?
You can use Spotify with a few simple voice commands once you’ve set up the accounts and linked them together. Always begin with “Ok Google,” and then try some of the phrases below:
- Play Spotify.
- Resume Spotify.
- Turn down the volume.
- Pause this song.
- Play some country music.
- Play my Discover Weekly selection.
You may ask the Google Nest Mini to access any Spotify feature, and it should do it within a few seconds.
The Google Nest Mini is programmed to recognize a wide range of words and phrases. If a command doesn’t seem to be working, consider simplifying it or using fewer words.
Why Won’t Google Nest Mini Play In Spotify Music?
Hopefully, the setup went smoothly and the voice commands are working. However, your Spotify account may experience some issues from time to time.
If your music is frequently being interrupted, try the following:
- Firstly, Check that your Spotify App is updated and running on the highest version.
- Then, Check that the Google Home App is updated.
- Ensure that your smart Google Nest Mini and the device you are using to access Spotify are on the same Wi-Fi.
- Finally, check that your Wi-Fi router is on and not experiencing issues.
To fix some of the issues, try making the following changes:
- Move your Google Nest Mini closer to the Wi-Fi. They shouldn’t be more than 20 feet apart.
- And, Closeout of Spotify completely and then log back in.
- Then, Turn your Wi-Fi router off, wait a few minutes, then turn it back on.
Unlink Spotify and Reconnect
In some cases, you may need to unlink and reconnect with Spotify. Follow these steps to unlink your Spotify account:
- Open the Google Home App.
- After, Tap Account at the top right.
- Next, Tap Settings.
- Tap Services and then Music.
- Click Unlink.
The account can then be relinked by following the steps above. Keep in mind that you can only link one Spotify account at a time, so you’ll need to unlink any previous accounts and link a new one using these steps.
Reboot Your Google Nest Mini
If all of the above tips don’t work with your Spotify, you may need to do a simple reboot. (Note: This does not erase any settings like a factory reset…)
- Open the Google Home App.
- Tap Device.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap More at the top right.
- Click Reboot.
You can also reboot by unplugging your device:
- Unplug the power cord.
- Leave unplugged for 1-2 minutes.
- Plug the cable back in.
It’s simple to connect your Spotify account to the Google Nest Mini. To access your account, go to the Google Home App and select Add. Choose between music and audio. Then, by logging in with your Spotify credentials, you can select Spotify and link the account.